Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

...and I nearly missed it.  Just this week I was thinking, "Gee, I think I've been blogging for about a year now.  I should go back and check the date."

I remembered just now, and good thing, too.  It's been exactly a year today since my first post.  I had just submitted my article for peer review to the Teaching Artist Journal and felt I had more to write.  And write I did.  When I started I didn't really know if anyone would read this blog; I haven't had a ton of readers, compared to other blogs, but am so grateful for the folks who have subscribed, followed, checked in, and commented. 

This blog has been a chance for me to illustrate and explain my work integrating percussive dance with elementary math topics, describe my work as a teaching artist more fully, and make connections between math, dance, and other similarly creative pursuits.  It's not really all over the 'map' but I do recognize that this might be categorized as a 'multi-topic' blog. That's fine with me -- I enjoy having multiple interests that intersect in sometimes fascinating ways over time.

This space has also been a way for me to connect with really interesting and smart folks in the mathed world, folks who have been really patient with me as I ask questions, share my ideas and generally expand my understanding of math thinking, topics and practices.  Sue VanHattum at Math Mama Writes, Maria Droujkova of Natural Math, Julie at Living Math, and Bon Crowder at MathFour have all provided wonderful support, forums, and conversations as I explore the world of math education.

It's been a whole year, but I feel like I'm just getting started.

16 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary! When I have time, I'm going to peek through your archives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lora! I'm checking this off the list of things I 'never thought I would ever do' lol!

    I just added the linked within widget, which I think will make it easier for folks to discover old, maybe forgotten, but still interesting posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now you're over two years old! Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to read more of the articles you made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog got me to learn a lot, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Thank you so much for letting me express my feeling about your post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HELLO, THANKS FOR YOUR POST, HAVE A GREAT AND WONDERFUL DAY TO EVERYONE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THIS IS A GREAT ARTICLE AND I AM VERY INTERESTING TO READ THIS, THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I REALLY JUST WANT TO READ THIS KIND OF POST BECAUSE THIS KIND POST IS VERY HELPFUL TO EVERYONE JUST LIKE ME.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will make sure to be reading your blog more. Excellent article you write!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am impressed by the details that you have on this web site. Write more awesome post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for extra articles. What an ideal site.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fckin¦ amazing issues here. I am very satisfied to see your post. Thank you a lot

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic post. Looking forward to read more. Really Cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...